Disputes Processing Specialist
About First Data First Data (NYSE\: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
Position Description Overview
- The Senior Processing Specialist is responsible for a variety of tasks in the department.
- The primary purpose of this position is to assist cardholders with Dispute/Fraud Resolution on behalf of issuers while complying with Reg E and /or Reg Z guidelines.
- Primary functions include the evaluating, researching, decision making, monitoring, and communicating with key contacts up to and including investigations.
- This position involves a moderate to high level of complexity. Errors in this position may result in direct monetary impact and financial loss to FDC and the external clients.
- This is an ongoing learning position due to changes with the Association's (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) regulatory guidelines and client requirements.
- This position requires considerable evaluation, good judgment, and decision-making skills. Strong verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
- This position involves time sensitive processing of work cases.
- The employee must have the ability to maintain effective time planning, organizational skills and time utilization to ensure all processes are completed within timeframes.
- The Senior Processing Specialist typically works cases that are at the Transaction and/or Account Level.
- The life cycle of a case is typically 90-120 days in length.
- Responsible for the time sensitive processing of work cases based on both banking and the various credit card associations' regulatory guidelines and client requirements.
- Research and evaluate the work case and process the dispute, fraud, chargebacks and/or complaints.
- May monitor systems to detect possible fraudulent behavior related to credit card useage and contact card holders to investigate possible fraud.